Monday, January 26, 2009

Adding your own company logo to the HireTrack Desktop

Trust me, I have been to companies that have been frustrated , and in some cases angry. I am happy to report that each and every time I leave, the people are far less frustrated (and in many cases.. excited) because they had no idea that HireTrack was as powerful or as simple as they thought. People have a tendency to overthink it. Don't know why, but they do. So, GET SOME TRAINING!!

Anyway, one thing that I have found very helpful in this process is for me to place the company logo on the HireTrack desktop. I think it gives the user more "ownership" and "pride" to see their company logo instead of the Eclipse logo. I get it. In almost all cases, that one little thing can mean the difference between cynicism and optimism. So, here is what you do.

Take your company logo and size it in a graphics program. I would suggest a size of about 400 pixels (depending on your resolution). Don't make it too big because it starts to overtake the screen. I would also offer that you change the background color too. This just makes your logo appear as if it supposed to be there instead of this large white box in the center of your screen. The HireTrack background blue colors are R-220, B-248 and G-226. Once you have created it as you wish, save it as a BITMAP and name it logo.bmp. Now, copy that bitmap file it into the same folder as your Eclipse program (typically C:\Program Files\Navigator Systems\Eclipse). When you restart HireTrack, your logo will appear on the HireTrack desktop.

Believe me, it's a pretty cool thing for the users when they see that.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! We're putting it on all the computers now. Just real quick though, we had some confusion with the color. The values in Photoshop are provided as RGB, but in the above post they are present in RBG order. We didn't catch it until we were finished. Not a big deal, and the result is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works great on XP, but machines running Vista seem to have a different shade of background.
    R-234 G-244 B-254

    ReplyDelete

Followers